Two Canadian women held in Panama prison

Two Canadian women held in Panama prison

Two Canadians, Natalia Stachowiak, a 21 year-old from Edmonton, and 27 year-old Calgarian, Christina Jocko are in a Panamanian prison.

Their case has been in process by the federal government since November, 2014. They have been waiting for a judgement for two years to serve the sentence in their home country of Canada.

After three weeks, their documents arrived at the Canadian embassy and were delivered to them in the Centro Femenino de Rehabilitación. They both need to read and review the contents of the documents before submitting it to the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency.

Natalia Stachowiak and Christina Jocko are two of 300 Canadians who are jailed in a foreign country who are requesting to serve their sentences on their home country.

Only 40% of transfer submissions are ever granted and take more than a year to process. Nearly 57% of these people are being held in jail for suspicion of drug trafficking and the other 43% are being held for suspicion of other crimes and other offences. In order to be granted a transfer to their home country, they need to go through a lengthy trial process. After which the foreign country has to approve the transfer and the documents will then be sent to the home country of the prisoner. This process can take a month or up to more than a year.

 

Natalia has been imprisoned for six and a half years and Christina for nine years. It is believed that Natalia was travelling to Panama on holidays and one of the guys from her hometown in the airport offered her a free trip if she brought cash in return for drugs and she was caught by the airport authorities. There is no story about Christina as to how she was caught but she has dealt with drugs her entire life which has landed her in the Panamanian prison now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hot NewsGET THE HOTTEST

Kushner No Longer Number One Trump Advisor

Kushner No Longer Number One Trump Advisor

Jared Kushner has been a key figure in the Trump administration. His portfolio as the president’s advisor had him play a pivotal role in the administration’s foreign policy. Top among his successes include liaising with Mexico and brokering the Middle East peace deal. As an advisor,…

CONTINUE READING

N. Korea sending Syria material for chemical warfare.

N. Korea sending Syria material for chemical warfare.

In an alarming report from CNN, North Korea has been sending Syria “acid-resistant tiles, valves and thermometers” – all of which could be used for chemical weapons. This information was contained in a report by a United Nations panel of experts and relayed by an unnamed diplomat…

CONTINUE READING

Latest News FROM OUR DESK

Is Mariah Carey contemplating marriage again?

Is Mariah Carey contemplating marriage again?

Mariah Carey, 46, is very excited to be married to her current billionaire boyfriend James Packer, 48. This would be a third marriage for her. Her last husband was singer, actor, celebrity host Nick Cannon to whom she was married for six years and had two children. Mariah discussed her upcoming…

CONTINUE READING

Nicolas Cage and wife separate

Nicolas Cage and wife separate

Nicolas Cage and his wife, Alice Kim, ended their whirlwind romance after 11 years. Their story was one out of a fairytale novel. He met her at a restaurant where she was a waitress and hardly two months later, he put a ring on her finger. They were soon married at a ranch in Northern California in…

CONTINUE READING